Grand Valley Scholars is a comprehensive program to guide students through the college admission and financial aid process.
Students will complete the following:
- Personal Statement
- Used in the scholarship and college application process
- Helps the student determine what they want to accomplish
- Interest Assessment
- Student will gain a greater understanding of jobs and opportunities based on personal likes and dislikes
- Complete the College or Trade School Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Needed to receive grants and scholarships from the college of their choice
- Scholarship Assistance: To complete 7+ scholarship applications
- Increased interviewing skills
Basic Session Information:
- We strongly suggest students be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or coach, etc. Because this process requires an investment of time, we require that students have someone walk alongside them through the entire process.
- If you are a non-traditional student, we strongly suggest that you also bring a supportive friend, spouse, or family member with you to each session.
- Sessions 1-2 times per month for 1 hour & 15 minutes.
- A free meal will be provided.
- Computers will be necessary for most sessions. If you have a laptop, you are welcome to bring it with you. If you are needing access to a computer, laptops will also be available on site for use during the sessions.
Josh Trujillo has over 10 years of experience working with students and adults in the Denver Metro Area specializing in post-secondary admissions and funding.
After moving back to the Western Slope, Josh saw the need for making the college admission process more accessible to everyone in the Grand Valley.
Josh and the team at JCC strongly believe that a solid post-secondary education should be available and accessible to everyone who is willing to put in the work.
We hope you will join us, or partner with us, to make everyone’s education goals a reality.