Below you’ll find updates concerning our plans and our funding.
The one thing we have learned through the process thus far is that God is ultimately in control. This is His project and we’re on His timeline for completion. There are moments where huge steps of progress are seen and others where it seems we are moving at a snails pace. At every moment we are trusting God’s process and believing for His complete provision.
Design and Planning Progress
- We are currently working on finalizing our plans for submittal of our complete application with the City of Grand Junction. We’ve already been through pre-planning and now have clear action steps for what is needed to submit our application.
- Ahead of that application process, by God’s favor, we have been pre-approved for stubbing all of our utility taps in preparation for the future building project. This really is a God thing and is being done in conjunction with the current Orchard Avenue Project. What this means for us is that when we begin our project, we will already have new utility access to our property. We will not have to dig up a new street and will be able to move forward with our project.
- With the Orchard Avenue Project, we are getting a new street in front of our building which will be complete with a center turn lane and new sidewalks on both sides of the street. This will allow for easier access to Junction Community Church on Sunday mornings. The Orchard Avenue Project is scheduled to be completed in December of 2019.
- Our next critical step in the process is making a decision on a civil engineer partner. We are currently in communication with three separate civil engineers and will be making a decision once all three have submitted proposals. Please join us in prayer in regard to choosing the right civil engineer partner.
- To partner with us in prayer throughout this process, please click here to know how to pray on an ongoing basis.
We are absolutely trusting God to bring provision for the vision. We talk more about that and how you can get involved here. However, we would like to provide updates on this site to tell the story of how God is miraculously providing.
Our current goals are to raise a cash budget of $100,000 and a two year pledge budget of $150,000. This will enable us to walk through the complete design process and prepare us for the construction phase of the project.
We will officially be giving on “Commitment Sunday” on October 27, 2019 during both Sunday morning services at Junction Community Church.